viernes, 4 de julio de 2014

White or no text appears in the PDF generated file from an AX 2009 report

Below is the report in the AX 2009 viewer. All good....

...Producing what is apparently an empty report when converting to PDF. Here I have selected the text so that it is highlighted in blue.

The solution that I have found is to move the shapes in the report to the top of the control list.  We presume that they are therefore rendered first.  Below I have already moved one box control , highlighted in yellow, up to the top.


There is a downside to this, however. Now when we print the report in the AX views we can see the text overwriting the borders.  It looks good in PDF format, but we have some micro management to do here, moving controls down or across a half a millimetre.  It's a time sink producing little value, but it must be done.

I find that when working with multiple shapes overlaying each other, it's a good idea to change one of their border colours.
We're nearly there!  There last changes can now be made by simply moving the second string control above the first.

Next time as soon as I see that the Analyst has drawn lines on an AX 2009 report, I'll be adding 2.5 hours to my estimation.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario