lunes, 11 de junio de 2012

Production environment problems with BI

I mentioned before that we were working with OLAP cubes and now is that giddy time to publish our work to the production environment.  However, when launching Administration » Setup » Business analysis » OLAP Administration the client application hangs with no idea as to what caused the crash.  It would seem that we were missing a component to interact with the Analysis service, which is obvious if I had bothered to read the installation documentation, page 51.

The missing component is the SQL Server Analysis Management Objects (AMO), which I am now installing on my computer.
I was able to install the AS 2008 October feature pack (X64) on an Ax client without the need to restart the OS nor even the AOS service if the client is on the same machine as the server.


I'm so happy it works that I've even added a screenie of the thing filling up my precious BIEXCHANGERATES and SRSANALYSISENUMS tables.

Time to reprocess those cubes!...

Edit:  Agh!  I've lost my Spanish labels associated with the enumerations mentioned earlier.  This means that if my cube was filtering for the description of a transaction type enumeration in Spanish I'd only ever get 'Desconocido' or 'Unknown'.  This time I went directly to the BIUDMTRANSLATIONS table and manually checked the en-us, es, it, etc options to include these texts.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario